___1. Online Registration (preferably before Thursday, March 20, 2014)
___2. Forms: Checklist for Adult Sponsor (1), Student Checklist/Research Plan (1A), and Approval form (1B) (Form 1B is optional, teacher's discretion)
___3. Project size under 30" X 48" X 108" (depth, width, height)
___4. Project must be free standing
___5. Abstract and abstract contest entry form (optional - for Abstract Competition)
___6. Displays may NOT contain the following:
- Live animals or plants or dried plants;
- Food materials (NO EXCEPTIONS);
- Soil, solutions, chemicals, household products or water, dry ice or other subliminating solids. Display of clean, empty containers is acceptable;
- Drugs or drug look alikes;
- Microorganisms, algae, mold, bacteria, or protozoans;
- Preserved animal parts. (Teeth, fingernails, feathers, hair and bones may be OK if preserved and sealed in plastic);
- Exposed electrical apparatus or open batteries; wiring must be insulated;
- Flammable gases or open flames;
- Unshielded fans, lightbulbs, belts, pulleys, chains or moving parts with tension or pinch points;
- Photos of animals in surgical or lab procedures;
- Sharp items such as needles, scissors, or glass tubing, syringes, pipettes; or
- Awards, medals, flags or business cards.
___7. Additional display criteria:
- No operation of class III or IV lasers.
- Displays producing high temperatures must be insulated from surroundings.
- High voltage equipment must have grounded metal shield or cage; high voltage wiring, switches, etc must have insulation and overload safety.
- 110-volt AC circuits must have UL approved cord (9' minimum) and grounded plug.
- Bare wire and knife switches used only on circuits of 12 volts or less.
- Large vacuum tubes and ray-generating devices must be shielded.